Useful Web Tools For Language Teaching: Pixton



 Hi everyone! Today I'm going to talk about Pixton, which I think is very useful for both language learning and teaching.

 Pixton is an online classroom platform where as a teacher you can create classes or as a student join the class created by your teacher. It is based on creating various cartoons and digital stories.
Pixton has 4 entrances: educators, students, parents and business. In this blog, I'll be talking about educators and students part.

➣ Educators
After you becoming a member, you can start making your avatar. You can customise your avatar as you wish among millions of options.
You can choose your hair, the colour of your eyes, your skin, facial expressions, and clothes as you wish. And then, finish up creating your avatar by striking a pose :)   
Next picture is my own avatar.  


After creating your avatar, you can start creating your classes. While creating classes, Pixton ask you a lot of questions about your class. For example, name of your class, grade and the subjects that related to the class.
After creating the class, Pixton asks in which way your students can access this class. With Google ID or Pixton username.  



After selecting this, your class is completely formed and all you have to do is sending them the code of your class so that your students can join. 
Once your students finish their avatars, you can make a class photo. 

➣ This is a photo of me and my class.



Creating Comics

As I said before, this tool is based on creating comics. As a teacher you can create comics according to your students' needs. My students were having difficulty in memorising phrasal verbs. So I made a comic that includes phrasal verbs. This is my own example.


I think teaching a language in this way is both creative and useful since it both appeals to imagination and visual intelligence. Also assigning students to make comics about the subjects that they have the most difficulty, helps students to understand the subject better by using their imagination and creativity.


For more detailed information about Pixton, watch this video:




Comments